Information for Current Graduate Students
Have questions about who to ask? Or how to finish? These pages include a variety of information for/about being a current graduate student in the Department of Geography.
The Graduate Studies Committee deals with graduate admissions, recruitment and awards; graduate budget; and graduate affairs (advising, TA policies and grievances, strategic issues).
Typically, the GSC is typically comprised of 4 faculty members (one from each subarea), 2 graduate students (chosen by the graduate student community), and the Graduate Director.
The Committee roster for 2014-15 is:
- Joe Mason, chair
- Ian Baird (People/Environment)
- Jack Williams (Physical Geography)
- Keith Woodward (Human Geography)
- A-Xing Zhu (Cart/GIS)
- Sharon Kahn, Graduate Director
- Becca Summerr, Graduate Student
- Daniel Grant, Graduate Student