Finishing Your Master's
The Graduate School has a very useful checklist, including deadlines and details. The Graduate School also has instructions about formatting and finishing your thesis.
A few notes about these pages:
- Don't forget to enroll in the semester (fall, spring or summer) in which you intend to complete your degree!
- Don't forget to request your warrant at least 3 weeks before your defense. Work with the Graduate Director to make this request.
- When "department style requirements" are referred to, consult with your advisor or use the AAG format
- The Advisor's Approval page used in the Geography Department looks like this. The Graduate Director will include extra copies of this page in your file, along with your warrant, for signatures at your defense.
- You are required to deposit your thesis in the Memorial Library as well as the Geography Library. The Geography Library will require a printed copy as well as an electronic file of your thesis. The electronic version will be available online. You have an option to decide the mode of dissemination – public or local. Public is available to anyone online, local is available only to people in the Geography Department.
- The Graduate Director will not submit your signed warrant to the Graduate School until the Geography Library signs the Geography Library Deposit Certificate.
All graduating students are expected to have an exit interview with the Graduate Director. The purpose of the interview is for us to get some feedback from you on the effectiveness of our graduate program.