Visiting Assistant Professor - Geography/Environmental Studies; Northern Illinois University
The Department of Geography (http://www.niu.edu/geog) and the Institute for the Study of Environment, Sustainability, and Energy (http://www.niu.edu/ese) at Northern Illinois University anticipate a two-semester joint Visiting Assistant Professor (VAP) position to begin August 16, 2017. The ideal candidate would have expertise in biogeography, environmental systems, water resources, and human-environment interactions. A Ph.D. in the geography, biology or a related field will be required at the time of appointment.
We expect the VAP to teach the following 6 courses over 2 semesters:
• ENVS 301: Environmental Sciences I: Physical Systems (fall 2017 and spring 2018),
• GEOG 253: Environment and Society (fall 2017),
• GEOG 303: Water Resources and the Environment (fall 2017),
• GEOG 322: Geography of World Plant Communities (spring 2018), and
• GEOG 361: Geographic Measurement and Quantitative Analysis (spring 2018)
Interested people should contact Dave Changnon (email@example.com), the Department of Geography Chair, at their earliest convenience.
Expires On: 2017-03-31