The UW Geography Club brings together undergraduates in geography in an informal setting. Through Club activities and social networks, undergraduates see how geography plays a major role in the lives of everyone and how geography can lead to a rewarding career.
The Geography Club does a mix of social, academic, and volunteer activities - usually but not always involving geography - and is focused on undergraduate issues. Primarily, the Club is a place for geographically like-minded folks to talk and get to know one another.
- Jessie Paulson - Co-president, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Darlington - Co-president, email@example.com
- Jordan Hersh - Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sanober Mirza - Social Media Coordinator, email@example.com
- Publication of the Club's newsletter, Madison Geographic. Be on the lookout for the latest volume around Science Hall!
Click here for our latest edition.
- Selling WISCONSIN GEOGRAPHY t-shirts to help support Club activities
- $13 for short-sleeve
- $18 long-sleeve
- Email the Club to purchase and for a list of the latest colors.
- Regular Club Meetings are held every other Tuesday evening at 7pm in the Geography Lounge (388 Science Hall).
Fall 2016 meeting dates: 9/13, 9/27, 10/11, 10/25, 11/1-NO MEETING (Election Day - Go Vote!), 11/15, 11/29, 12/13Follow us on Facebook to keep up with the latest events!
Interested? Questions? E-mail us for more info! firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Club events include:
- Environmental volunteering"Geographic" field trips, geocaching anyone?
- Guest speakers from geographic disciplines and professions
- Helping out at the Major's Fair
- Annual GIS Day volunteering
- Sponsorship of the annual Geography Symposium
- Academic advising for geography undergraduates
- Social networking through monthly recreational meetings (Dobra Tea chats, bowling, playing pool, movies or concerts)
- Trips to the West Lakes and Annual AAG Conferences
- Geography Trivia
- Fall Pumpkin Carving!
Thank you for your support of the Geography Club and its objectives!