Research Assistant/Associate - National University of Singapore
The RA will provide administrative support to the Principal Investigator for large grant management and liaise with the project team members or external parties on such matters. There will be opportunities to be involved in empirical research that is central to the project.
Applicants are expected to hold at least a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or an equivalent honours degree, or a Masters degree in the Social Sciences. The successful applicant should have:
- Prior experience in conducting independent research and skills in qualitative research
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Basic computer knowledge and core Microsoft Office skills
- Willingness to work with researchers using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) techniques
- Prior experience in large grant management will be an advantage (though not a pre-requisite)
- Skills in one or more of the following languages central to the research project will be an advantage (though not a pre-requisite): Mandarin and/or Chinese dialects used in Singapore (e.g. Hokkien, Cantonese, Teochew or Hainanese); Bahasa Melayu or Indonesia; Tamil or Burmese
Other Position Information:
The apppointment will be for a period of one year, renewable on satisfactory review. The successful applicant will receive an attractive monthly remuneration depending on experience and qualifications. Singapore citizens and permanent residents are eligible for central provident fund benefits. All salary and benefit-in-kind are subjected to taxation in accordance with local tax laws.
Other benefits that the University provides and information about working in NUS and living in Singapore are available at http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/whyjoinus.htm. Terms and conditions, according to university guidelines, are subject to changes without prior notice.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit the following:
- Application form and consent form (please click here to download form)
- Cover letter explaining your research interests and experience
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic transcript
- Name and email addresses of THREE referees whom we may contact
In the subject line of the email please type ‘TRACE – RA application’.
Please email your application and associated documents to email@example.com by 29 September 2017. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Shortlisted applicants may be called for interview, either in person or by Skype, as appropriate.
Informal enquiries may be directed to the Principal Investigator A/P Elaine Ho (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Expires On: 2017-09-29