Position title: Ph.D.
Advisor: Lisa Naughton
M.E.M+ M.A,Global Affairs, Yale School of Environment and Jackson School of Global Affairs 2016
Thesis: “Traditional Environmental Knowledge, Community Forestry, and Conservation in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo”
BA, Political Science and Environmental Studies, Case Western Reserve University, 2009
Political ecology, forest governance, wildlife and forest conservation, community conservation, participatory action research methodology, Central Africa
GRANTS AND AWARDS
- African Studies Program Research Award, University of Wisconsin Madison, 2022
- The Scott Kloeck-Jenson (SKJ) Fellowship Program, University of Wisconsin Madison, 2022
- Foreign Language Area Studies Fellow, Kiswahili, University of Wisconsin Madison African Studies, 2020-2022
- University Fellowship, University of Wisconsin MadisoN
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellow, 2020-2025
- Fulbright Scholarship, United States State Department, DRC, 2016-2017
- Gruber Fellowship for Women’s Rights and Social Justice, Yale Law School, 2016-2017
A Partnership to Build Scientific Capacity of Rwanda’s Future Conservationists: The Memoirs Program. American Journal of Primatology: October 2020. Eckardt, W., Tuyisingize, D., van der Hoek, Y., Tolbert, S., Stoinski, T.S., Ndagijimana, F., Kaplin, B.A., Mudakikwa, A. and Lukas, K.
Local Perceptions of Protected Areas in the Virunga-Bwindi Massif. Environmental Conservation: February 2019. Tolbert,S., Makambo,M., Asuma,S., Musem A. & Mugabukomeye,B.